Wednesday, June 5, 2013

REVIEW: More BornPrettyStore and 2 manicures!

Posted by Stephzilla at 8:57 PM
Hey guys!

I know my blog is so boring. I'm sorry that I haven't been blogging much, because I just got a job last month and I've been having family problems so I haven't been motivated enough to produce blogs for you to enjoy. But I have received another package from BornPrettyStore!

I could choose anything to review under $10 dollars (I'm not being paid to make said review), so I wanted to choose something I could wear to work. What I mean when I say work, is that I work at a clothing store so 99% of the time I'm restocking clothes and organizing racks so my nails take a beating.  I'm afraid that if I do studs and things that they will fall off and I will end up hurting myself, so I decided to try water decals. 

For those that don't know, I am OBSESSED with pop culture. I'm also a five year old at heart, and I'm in love with Barbie, Jem, My Little Pony, etc.. So when I saw these nail water decals, I HAD TO HAVE THEM.

I'm sorry I cut some out before I took a pic :(


A good mixture of images and in good quality too

If you're an 80s/90s aficionado like I am, these should look extremely familiar. They are almost affixed the same way as temporary tattoos! They're easy and add a bit of pop to a normal manicure. 

What you do is, you cut out the image you want to put on your nails. Once that's done, you take off the plastic film on top of the decal. Get a glass of water and use tweezers to hold the decal in the water for about 10-20 seconds until the decal slides off the backing paper. I have a tip: Save water bottle caps! These hold a little bit of water and you could reuse them and use them as little wells for nail polish/nail art too! Make sure the nail you're putting it on is polished and fully dry! I recommend using lighter colors so you could see the decals nice and bright. 

Then using your fingers or the tweezers (depending on if you're doing them on yourself or someone else), gently slide the decal off. Make sure there's a bit of water on the nail so it could affix nicely. It will slide a bit on the nail, so you have a little bit of time to focus on placement but you don't want to agitate it too much. Once it's flat against the nail, make sure that the nail is dry at this point, and seal with a top coat. 

This was my first go with the decals:


My nails are a wreck because of work but I used Wet n Wild megalast nail polish in "SugarCoat" (comparable to Essie's "Ballet Slippers") as a base. My nails were stained from the previous week's mani (my fault, I'm not perfect)

They took my boring mani to the next level! Barbie blowing kisses on my nails. So perf!

This week:


I did a water marbling technique with 2 polishes (WNW megalast in "I Need A Refresh-Mint" and "Candy-Licious"), and decided to try a Barbie logo on the ring. It looks better in real life :) MY CUTICLES ARE HORRIBLE. Feel my pain *dies*

So as a whole, I love water decals because as I said, they are easy for the inexperienced and jazz up an ordinary manicure. The best thing about BornPrettyStore 's selection is that it's HUGE. The have tons of flowers, butterflies, gold things, lace, you name it. This particular set I believe is $3.99. Which is good considering you get a lot of stickers!

DON'T FORGET: If you use my super special unicorn-fabulous code for 10% off sitewide!
ZLLW10

ps. Barbie is a registered trademark of Mattel Inc. and no copyright infringement intended.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Zilla's Claws Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos